For Honor has been updated with its first patch already .It just wouldn’t be a proper AAA game launch without a hefty update to paper over the cracks. For the most part For Honor’s Patch 1 is tackling a number of technical bugs PC players may have run into, as well as patching up Ubisoft’s notoriously dodgy matchmaking services and server stability.
Any longtime Rainbow Six Siege players will know those latter two problems are a constant thorn in Ubisoft’s side. Ubisoft games seem to run from joint server clusters so problems with one game tend to roll over to another. Matchmaking can also take a very long time, even a year after Siege’s launch. Fortunately Ubisoft appears to be tackling this head on with For Honor. Matchmaking territories are being redefined and there are “connectivity and matchmaking improvements”.
Performance is the other key area which should be improved with this For Honor update. A memory leak has been fixed, as well as “occurrences of major frame rate drops”. Can’t say I’ve noticed any huge drops myself but this should help some users out.
For Honor Update 1
- All countries around the Mediterranean Sea are now part of the European continent.
- Collisions improvements and fixes
- Improved animations
- Audio balancing fixes and improvements
- Fixed a memory leak
- Fixed occurrences of major framerate drop
- Improved flow in and out of the invitation menu
- Multiple localization fixes
- Stability fixes
- Connectivity and matchmaking improvements
- Metagame bug fixes and UI improvments
- Hero Balancing (based on player feedback) – *** these changes were already implemented during Beta phases ***
- Fixed minor issue with the round counter
- General bug fixes
It’s still early days for For Honor so there’s nothing to speak of in terms of gameplay changes or balancing just yet. The meta is just beginning to shake out so we’re still yet to see whether any classes have an unfair competitive advantage over others, although I've got a wary eye on Orochi at this time. Either I'm crap (fairly likely) or he's too good. Time will tell.
How are you finding these early days of For Honor? Any major performance or gameplay issues you're running into?