Battlefield 1942 is a staple in the gaming industry even so, it is hard to review a game that is 10 years old but i will try my best.
- Gameplay Nowadays all games coming out have to have the best graphics, but a lot of them suffer from a lack of good gameplay, oh their are some exceptions, but not many. Battlefield 1942 breaks that trend by having great and fun gameplay, (we all have had a 'Battlefield moment',for example say you are flying a plane and you get shot down and the plane lands on the guy who shot you and kills him), funny moments like that are what makes this game so much fun.
- Graphics In the graphics department the game suffers,bland textures,No AA, stuff like that but graphics don't make a game.
- Story On to the story...uh..hey guys where's the story part on this review, I think the page is missing...oh well,there is no story except that you have to kill the bad guys, who in this case are the Nazis, or if you choose to you can play as the Nazis and battle the allies you win by beating the other side.
- Sound The sound is good, if you have a subwofer you will fill the gunfire.
- AI The AI is OK, a little on the bad side, like you will see soldiers running towards you to be shot, or they will just stand thare not moving.
- Multiplayer this is the meat of the game, this is where you will spend the most time,and thare is still a big amount of players online, you will not have trouble finding a game, as for the gameplay, it is the same fun stuff.
- Conclusion The lack of a real story is a bit disappointing and the graphics are lacking, but the sheer amount of fun you will have and the fact that people still play outweighs the other problems, this game is a must-have for any self respecting gamer,go buy it and you will have lots of fun, I give it a 9.01 out of 10