Yo my fellow GDers,
Now, I have played APB:Reloaded for quite a long time, and have (almost) mastered it. I have learned quite many tips, tactics, skills while playing it, and I intend to share it with you guys (who, of course, play APB).
So here are the tips which will help you to get your criminal or enforcer career off on the right foot.
Spend time in Social District
1) Social district is where all magic happens. Here, you can customize your character. Design new clothes, design custom symbols for your clothes/vehicles etc. The easiest way to confirm you're a noob to the world is to run around in beginner's clothes. You are given a t-shirt, jeans and shoes which are fully customizable. You can create your own symbols in the symbol designer and place them on your clothes.
2) You can also buy themes from the marketplace (a place to sell/buy various items, clothes, guns, symbols, themes, songs; a very good way to make money in the game) to get rid of your default theme (which are rather boring).
Getting into missions districts!
3) What is a mission district ? - Okay, first what is a mission district. It is where you do missions (duh) and by completing missions you earn money and standing (helps you rank up!) and unlock various things in the game. Mainly there are two mission districts, financial and waterfront, consisting of several different contacts, and each contact unlock specific things in the game (could be guns, symbols, cars etc.). Winning and losing missions will affect your threats. There are 4 threats: Gold, Silver, Bronze, Green. It is another way to determine how experienced you are, gold = pro; silver = good; bronze = average; green = noob in its pure form.
4) Teamwork - One thing you'll need while doing missions is teamwork. It is the key to success. If you're team mate is completing some objective, carrying some item, protect him. Don't sit idle on the passenger seat in the vehicle, get out of the window and shoot the enemies who might probably chasing you.
5) Use your radar and learn to stay off enemies' radar - Whenever you shoot or drive a vehicle, you'll appear on the enemies' radar, and same for the opposition.
6) Don't just stand on the objectives - In most missions, you'll be tasked to take over and hold certain objectives in order to defend it. So as soon as you claim it, move away and hide away; just keep the objective in your line of sight, so you can kill your enemy when they try to take over.
NOTE: Whenever an enemy is trying to claim an objective or delivering an item, the icon on your radar (or screen) representing the objective will start blinking.
7) Use the right weapon for right district - One district is more open and great for long range riffles while the other is much more confined, which is great for shotguns and short range weapons. Often times people want to use whatever the newest weapon is that they unlocked. Don't be that guy, use the proper weapon for the mission you are on. For eg: for taking care of objectives in alleyways or buildings, shotguns and sub-machine guns are ideal, while in open areas, snipers and assault rifles will work.
8) Know how to use which weapons - In APB, I've seen bunch of people using a shotgun as a sniper and a sniper as a shotgun, and when they are killed due to that, they blame other players for hacking. Don't do that. Know how to use which weapon. If you're using a shotgun in close quarter combats, then voila! But if you're using it against an enemy who has a long range weapon, flank them. Get near to them, and strike them on their back. It's most effective to deal with snipers. While using assault rifles, fire in short-bursts, to be more accurate. Just don't press and hold LMB, keep hitting it and hit it fast, as it is more accurate.
9) Watch your Threat Level - Your Threat Level will rise and fall depending on how well you are doing on missions. The higher your rating is the tougher the opponents will be that you are matched up against. The system doesn't look at Rank, so a new player who is kicking ass and taking names can quickly find himself up against several veteran players. The players are matched by considering their threat and threat level. Once you will reach level 5, a bounty will be placed on you, and you will be visible on other players' radar. By killing a player who has a bounty placed on him, you'll get bonus money and standing.
10) Always shoot by staying in cover - I've seen most player standing open and shooting, while other one is firing from behind the cover, which has an advantage. Always shoot from cover. Press E or Q to lean and shoot from cover. However, never take cover behind a vehicle. As enemy can still target your feet. Yes, feet. You'll receive/do equal amount of damage no matter where you hit or get hit, even the head.
11) Mod your weapons - As you unlock new items you can gain access to many items that will make your weapons better. Many times this can make an average weapon far superior to a higher level weapon that isn't modded. For eg: I prefer using Hunting Sight 3 and Heavy barrel 2 with assault rifles (ntec specifically) and reflex sight 3 and cooling jacket 3 with shotguns or sub-machine guns.
12) Turn the sound up! - APB uses directional sounds. If someone is shooting or running near you, you can easily find out where they are simply by listening.
My Favourite Weapons + Mods in the game:
- N-tec 5 (no mods)
- N-tec 5 Adeen (2 slots for mods) /w Hunting Sight 3; Heavy Barrel 2
- JG 840
- JG 940 /w Cooling Jacket 3
- OCA EW 626 /w Cooling Jacket 3 + Reflex Sight 3
- Shaw 556 - no mods
- N-HVR /w Hunting Sight 3
Clotting Agent 3
Happy Landings 3
- Fight Club is a great way to increase your skills and test weapons and earn money.
- Always use field supplier mod, it helps you resupply your ammo anywhere.
- When aiming down the sight you can change the shoulder view of your camera. If the camera was looking over my right shoulder and I hit 'Q' then the camera would shift to my left shoulder, making it easier to see round corners on the left of me. If I hit 'Q' a second time I would lean harshly to the left. The same applies for the 'E' key. You can also achieve this by pressing 'V' which is more instant and doesn't require you to aim down your sights.
- If you hop into a car and don't enjoy the music hit 'P' to open the music player and find something of your preference; you can also use it on foot.
-Typing '/' before a command will allow you to perform an emote. For example typing '/dance' without the apostrophe's will make your character do a smooth little jig
- More emotes will unlock as you rank up. Press F11 to see a list of emotes available.
- Typing '/' before a single letter will swap you between chat channels
/g - group
/s - say
/d - district
/w [name] - whisper
/t - team chat (team is for mission but group is of friends even when mission ends) - thanks to tzzsmk, I forgot that point.
- Loosing or winning missions in Fight Club doesn't affect your threat.
So there you go! Hope you like it! I will also add some 'beginner's guide' and more tips and tricks videos if I found them. So enjoy the game and feel free to ask anything about the game!