We’re counting down the days to E3 2014 now, and it’s only natural that some of the big boys getting ready to show their wares have nailed down much of the details by now.
The weeks ahead of E3 are often silly season so take this one with a pinch of salt, but an anonymous source has contacted Dualshockers with leaked information detailing Sony’s entire E3 2014 press conference. We’d normally have doubts over its veracity but much of this has now been double-sourced and looks to be the real deal…
• Uncharted 4 Trailer - Despite the many comings and goings over at Naughty Dog studio, Uncharted 4 is reportedly still on track and heading for a summer 2015 release. Mixing cut-scenes and gameplay footage, the Uncharted 4 trailer will apparently set new benchmarks for console graphics. The source also claims it will be a tropical setting, with gameplay alternating between Nathan Drake and Sir Francis Drake.
• LittleBigPlanet creator Media Molecule will be on stage to showcase its latest platformer. This time it will allow players to create full 3D worlds, all playable using Sony’s new Project Morpheus VR headset and heading for a late 2015 release.
• Gran Turismo 6 - GT6 came out late last year to a muted response, offering not much more to entice users to upgrade from the bestselling PS3 game of all time GT5. 1080p and 60FPS are the order of the day here, along with souped-up graphics, new tracks, and all the DLC bundled. Also heading for a late 2015 release.
• God of War 4 - Sony looks to be erasing the blip that was last year’s God of War: Ascension, offering up a teaser clip of a full-blown sequel to God of War III, with possible gameplay footage.
• The name Kill Strain has been doing the rounds for a little while now, and it reportedly refers to a PS4 reboot of the Syphon Filter series. Gabe Logan’s antics were much loved back in the early days of PlayStation, and previously portable-only Sony Bend Studios has been handed the reins to this one.
• Despite series’ creators SCE Studio Liverpool, previously known as Psygnosis, now defunct status, an unknown studio has been tasked with bringing Sony’s sci-fi racing series Wipeout to PS4.
• Quantic Dream, of Heavy Rain, Fahrenheit and Beyond: Two Souls fame, will have a trailer for an as-yet-unknown title. Graphically it is suggested it will be on par with the PS4 reveal’s Dark Sorcerer trailer, albeit in real-time. Along with The Order: 1886 developer Ready at Dawn, Quantic Dream may be announced as official Sony studios.
• The Order: 1886 is Sony’s big hope for Holiday 2014, and it’s reportedly still on track for an Autumn release. There will be a fully playable demo on display, with Sony expecting it to become a successful franchise.
• Ninja Theory, who found relative success with DmC: Devil May Cry, may be showing a Heavenly Sword sequel. An early PS3 title, it was criminally overlooked by much of the gaming community but offered promise as a potential franchise.
• Sony London are back with their first new AAA title since the long-cancelled The Getaway. Possibly tied in to the Syphon Filter reboot, it’s supposedly a graphically stunning third-person title.
• Guerilla Games is finally having a rest from its Killzone series, this time working on an RPG that will be ready to show in some form at E3. We know it will look good at least, but Dualshockers also reports it will please the hardcore and will have a very provocative setting.
• Sucker Punch will debut some inFamous: Second Son story DLC, including new powers and missions.
• Sony Japan Studios will have a trio of games on display - the recently leaked Project Beast, in conjunction with From Software; a re-reveal and release date of The Last Guardian; and an as yet unknown title.
• DriveClub will also get a new trailer and runout ahead of its October 7th release date.
• The Last of Us 2 will be announced via a short teaser clip at the end of the Sony E3 2014 press conference.
There’s a lot to be getting on with there, but it’s worth noting that this doesn’t include and third-party partnerships or reveals, of which we would expect a few. The same source indicates that at some point all of Activision, Capcom, EA, Konami, Ubisoft, Take Two, Square Enix and Warner Bros will all be joining Sony onstage. We’re not sure what to expect here but a next-gen version of Grand Theft Auto 5 is expected to be announced, along with a PC edition finally.
If this lineup turns out to be true then Sony has got one hell of a show planned, Microsoft will most certainly have its work cut out to compete with this.
What do you think of Sony’s rumoured E3 2014 lineup?
Which of these titles are you looking forward to the most?
Let us know!