PC and PlayStation gamers are receiving the first huge new update to Watch Dogs, providing a raft of fixes to improve game performance and stability.
Like any open-world game Watch Dogs arrived with its fair share of problems. PC optimisation was shaky at best, while there were enough bugs to give Pixar pause for thought. This first update provides a number of major game fixes to prevent many of Watch Dogs game breaking bugs, as well as PC specific fixes to boost performance…
Major Game Fixes For Watch Dogs
- Automatically fix corrupted save files which prevented players from going beyond 90% completion. Some of the collectibles in Watch Dogs may still be unobtainable.
- Fixed an issue whereby players were sometimes prevented from using hacks in-game.
Watch Dogs Gameplay Fixes
- Several bugs that caused corrupted mission progress fixed.
- Minor mission and item-related issues fixed.
- Fixed the issue that caused the weapon-wheel selection screen to be empty.
Watch Dogs Multiplayer Fixes
- Fixed several minor respawn issues.
- Fixed some connection problems and issues joining sessions.
PC Specific Watch Dogs Fixes
- Fixed graphical glitches that can occur on Low & Medium settings in Watch Dogs.
- Fixed some crashes on Nvidia SLI configurations.
- Implemented several performance improvements for Watch Dogs.
- Refined controls and Implemented a few control improvements.
- Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
- Fixed issues whereby players could not connect to a Multiplayer game.
- Several mouse modifications have been implemented to provide more accurate mouse movement.
- Fixed "Drinking Game" control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
- Fixed "Chess Game" control issue.
- Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
- Fixed graphical issues that may occur during cut scenes and cinematics.
- Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
- Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
- Added game version in main menu of Watch Dogs.
Xbox 360 and Xbox One owners you’ve got a bit of a wait on your hands unfortunately, with Ubisoft claiming that the update will be hitting Microsoft systems next week. PC and PlayStation gamers should be able to download the patch imminently.
As always, be sure to let us know if you see any performance improvements using the latest Watch Dogs patch!