If you’ve visited the internet, well, ever, you’ll probably notice that people enjoy doing crazy things that take up a hell of a lot of time and energy for no real reward on their part. Hell, it’s probably the thing that makes the internet great.
One such warrior for pointless life joy has emerged from the shadows this week, as it turns out one fairly well-known member of the modding community has created “Watch Dogs IV” in GTA IV; a mod that replaced almost all GTA IV’s native HUD with Watch Dogs’, and adds a whole bunch of Watch Dogs abilities.
The modder created the Watch Dogs HUD elements from scratch, and made upgrades to the phone to allow it to have hacking capabilities similar to Aiden’s in Watch Dogs. This even stretches to the ability to hack vending machines, allowing your own GTA 4-imposter-Aiden access to as many orange sodas as he likes. Modder JulioNIB - who also created a selfies mod for GTA 4 - gave the full list of things included in his mod.
- Payphone, ticket machine and ATM - Explode
- Wall lights - Burst
- ATM - Free money
- Trains - Stop, Go, Return
- Traffic lights - Confuse drivers making them crash
- Road block - Block the road/street
- Cameras - View camera live video
- Pop Machines - Release soda cans
- Parked cars - Trip alarm
- Walk/stand over train in movement
- Idle anim (hands in pocket)
- Small gun anim (hide gun)
- Custom walk, run and sprint anims
- Put/remove scarf
- Improved cops shoot accuracy
- Improved cops driving
- ctOS wanted level system (pre-wanted + witness call + scan = wanted level)
- Take down attacks
- BLACKOUT (Beta)
- "Weapon wheel" HUD
- Radar borders
- Health indicator below radar
- Health regeneration up to 50%
- Victims damage indicator
- Player attacker indicator
- Blood effect for player damage
- Waypoint indicator
- Dynamic camera position
- Maybe something that i can't remember now :)
You can watch Aiden hacking the crap out of everything he sees below, it looks pretty fun. You can also download and try the mod for yourself here. What do you think of this mod? Will you be trying it out for youself? Let us know.