Brrrrmmmmm brrrm more The Crew system requirements news added in to the mix. If you missed our previous The Crew news on PC hardware needs from July then pop over and check that out, but todays news piece adds some optimum requirements to the its "can my hardware play it" list.
Not really sure what optimum requirements are compared to recommended requirements but we will take a look at them anyway. I presume its just getting The Crew to play on your system without having to think about whether or not you should turn off any form of graphics setting. So lets call them Ultra requirements, in keeping with our usual terminology.
The Crew Optimal (Ultra?) System Requirements
- OS: Windows 8/8.1 64 bit
- CPU: AMD FX-8150 3.6GHz /Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz or better
- RAM: 8 GB of system memory needed
- GPU VRAM: 2048 MB graphics card memory
- GPU: AMD Radeon 7870 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX670
- HD: We dont know exactly what the GB hard drive needs will be at this time
- DX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
- ADDITIONAL: Keyboard needed, Xbox 360 controller (or compatible gamepad) is optional
- Supported GFX Cards: NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 or better, GTX400, GTX500, GTX600, GTX700, GTX900 series; AMD Radeon HD4870 or better, HD5000, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series;
- OTHER: Laptops of similar performance will probably work but are not officially supported
There we go then, some extra The Crew requirements to go along the recommended and minimum requirements that we announced back in July. So in an attempt to clarify what these are, they are most likely top end PC needs for The Crew. If you have a PC with these specs then you can sit back and enjoy the full show that The Crew will have to offer, presumably if you have a 1080p setup. If you have a 4K setup (you lucky little gamer) then you will likely be in need of much more hardware firepower to get The Crew looking completely pretty. Note that The Crew is only going to work on 64 bit operating systems.