There's been a fair bit of excitement around the imminent release of Gearbox's Post-Apocalyptic Drive-and-Shooter Borderlands, but it's this year's in thing for the powers that be to remain coy regarding system requirements. However, Steam appear to have the scoop on it. Borderlands is being built from the Unreal Tournament 3 engine, optimised to run on more 'digitally challenged' machines.
We've updated the Borderlands System Requirements on the GD game page, but for those of you too lazy to click on that there link, here are the system requirements precisely as they appear on the Steam home page:
- OS: Windows XP/Vista
- Processor: 2.4 Ghz or equivalent processor
- Memory: 1GB System RAM (2GB recommended with Vista)
- Graphics: 256mb video ram or better (GeForce 8 series or higher/Radeon R8xx series)
- Hard Drive: 8 GB or more free space
- Sound: Windows compatible sound card