Rockstar has released the first patch for the PC version of Grand Theft Auto 5. Weighing in at 207MB on Steam, or 352MB if downloaded separately, the update tackles a number of issues cropping up in Rockstar’s title.
The wide-ranging fixes including memory leaks, crash bugs, frame rate issues, birds misbehaving when using the Rockstar Editor, and players’ eyebrows being changed to bizarre effect when transferring progress over from console to PC.
From a performance point of view of most interest is a fix for abnormally high CPU usage by the GTA V launcher, alongside frame rate hitching if left-clicking while driving. I’ve been playing on gamepad so haven’t witnessed this, but it sounds like it could be a nuisance for drive-bys.
Rockstar has also tackled that crippling launch day bug, which saw users with certain characters in their Windows usernames unable to boot up GTA 5 at all.
- Fixed an issue where the GTA V Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash
- Fixed an issue where frame rate would drop when left-clicking the mouse while driving
- Added a grid to the Golf mini-game to show the topology of the green while putting
- Fixed an issue where a character’s eyebrows or other facial features could change erroneously when transferred to PC
- Fixed an issue where a some players were asked to transfer their GTA Online character while a transfer was already in progress
- YouTube uploads via the Rockstar Editor will now correctly resume if Internet connection is lost during the upload and later restored
- Fixed a rare issue where the game could crash while using the Rockstar Editor
- Projects containing deleted clips will now load properly in the Rockstar Editor and warn the player of the missing clips
- Fixed an issue where birds were not recorded correctly in Rockstar Editor clips
- Corrected an issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause the Launcher to fail to load or other undesired game behavior.
- Fixed an issue where players with one garage would not be able to replace an existing vehicle if the garage was full and the new vehicle was purchased from an in-game website
- Additional fixes to prepare for iFruit support (mobile app)
- Crew Tire Smoke can no longer be purchased if you are not in a Crew