CD Projekt RED’s community and website coordinator Marcin Mamot has detailed the next patch coming to both the console and PC versions of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, as the updates for the sprawling RPG come thick and fast.
A pretty hefty list of changes are set to take place, including fixes for the infamous ‘No XP’ bug, whereby players aren’t receiving any experiencing for completing main story quests. In a game where practically all experience comes from quests, this can prove quite an issue.
This is joined by a host of other changes, including yet more improvements to performance and stability, as well as smoothing out that juddery camera on the PC version. Cutscenes are also getting a do-over, with expected frame rate increases across all versions of The Witcher 3.
- Geralt will no longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
- General stability and performance improvements.
- Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
- Improved camera smoothness.
- Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
- Fixed case where The Witcher 3 was crashing on loading a save in certain situations.
- Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
- Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest.
- Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri’s Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
- Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest.
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins.
- Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man’s tree during Eye for an Eye quest.
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs.
- Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
- Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest.
- Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach.
- Fixed issue where some players were experiencing an infinite loading screen during King’s Gambit quest.
- Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest.
- Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven’s Treasure quest.
It sounds as if most of the issues I've been having at any point are being ironed out by now. Have any of you been affected by the no XP glitch? How's perfect now for you, a couple of weeks after release?