And the final big hitter from the Bethesda E3 2015 game camp was Dishonored 2. It's rare that a new IP releases to such a warm critical response, but back in to 2012, Dishonored did just that. Steampunk with supernatural powers was the original theme from Arkane Studios, who has announced its sequel to the highly praised game.
Not too long to wait, Dishonored should be with us within a year. I want to summarize some of the key details we know about Dishonored so far and also push our thoughts towards the type of hardware we are likely to need once Dishonored 2 comes out in the first half of 2016.
Dishonored 2 Release Period: Spring 2016
Platforms Dishonored 2 is available on: PC, Xbox One, PS4
Dishonored 2 full development began: 2012
Dishonored 2 Background: Set 15 years on from the vanquishing of the Lord Regent in the first Dishonored game. The deadly Rat Plague is now an entry in the history books but an otherwordly usurper has managed to cease the throne from the Empress Kaldwin. Through the use of guile and a heavy dose of new supernatural powers, it is up to you to travel from Dunwall to Karnaca and find the key to restoring the Empress to power.
Key Dishonored 2 Game Features
- Corvo mentored Empress Emily as an assassin.
- Play as either Emily Kaldwin (The Empress) or Corvo Attano (Protagonist from the first game)
- New supernatural powers
- Set 15 years after the first Dishonored
- Play either via stealth or all combat focused
- You can complete Dishonored 2 without killing anyone
- The objective is to save the Empire of the Isles from an Otherworldly Usurper
- Mainly focused on the Island of Serkonos, where Corvo was born
- Single player only game
Dishonored 2 Game Engine
Arkane Studios build Dishonored 2 primarily using the Void Engine, which in turn is powered by id Tech. Due to Bethesda Softworks publishing Dishonored 2 and also publishing and owning id Software, the proprietary engine id Tech 6, is utilized in the development of Dishonored 2.
Dishonored 2 System Requirements (Speculative)
- OS: Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 or Windows 8 and above
- CPU: Intel Core i5-3330 3.0GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 975
- RAM: 8 GB System Memory
- GPU VRAM: 2GB
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 or AMD Radeon HD 6970
- HDD: 25 GB Free Hard Drive Space
- DX: DirectX 11
As always you can check out how your PC might play Dishonored 2 system requirements over on that game page. This will likely be a little more forgiving than DOOM on the minimum system requirements front, but Dishonored 2 is looking pretty already. And so I hand it over to you. What are your thoughts about Dishonored 2 and what new info might you have heard on your travels?
Here is the Dishonored 2 E3 trailer to get you guys into the supernatural mood.