For Civilization fans of a role-playing bent, there have been few better games released than Amplitude Studios’ Endless Legend. It’s an intoxicating mix of 4X turn-based strategy and RPG, with each of the game’s eight playable factions taking the player on a quest-strewn story. Well, you get the gist that it was good game, and it’s hopefully going to get even better with the announcement of its second expansion pack - Shadows.
The expansion adds a new faction, dubbed The Forgotten. This mysterious race are masters of espionage. Taking on the role of The Forgotten will let the player infiltrate enemy empires, assassinating, sabotaging, stealing and capturing bases. Using camouflage skills, members of The Forgotten can infiltrate enemy ranks and disrupt them from within, slowing them down or killing them one by one.
- Play the brand new faction, the Forgotten, experts in the new espionage skills.
- Play with invisible units using the new “Camouflage” and “Stealth” capacities.
- Infiltrate an empire to steal, capture, sabotage and assassinate!
- Pillage villages, extractors and watchtowers to slow your enemy’s progression.
- Equip your heroes with “Insignia” accessories to give them special espionage abilities.
- Defend yourself by using counterespionage skills and the new “Detection” capacity.
Endless Legend: Shadows is out this summer on PC.