It’s not even day one just yet, but Just Cause 3 has already received its Day One Update. If you’ve managed to get a copy early through whatever means then it’s available to download now, weighing in at a fairly hefty 3GB. I say early because it seems as if quite a few people have obtained copies already, thanks to a number of stores breaking street dates.
Just Cause 3 went gold well over a month ago so Avalanche Studios has had plenty of time to tackle any out of the box issues. With this first update we get a number of performance improvements and optimisations, along with the usual bug fixes and last minute tweaks.
Just Cause 3 Fixes and Improvements
- The Medician Department of Nature Conservation has pored over every inch of our beautiful island for cracks and removed them
- The Medician Department of Motor Vehicles has taken measures to acquire poorly-tuned vehicles and burn them
- Di Ravello’s Militia has been given a refresher course in combat and spatial awareness as per General Ravello’s recent mandate - This looks to be a boost to AI, presumably to make them behave less like glorified target practice.
- The Medician Department of Infrastructure has made some adjustments to certain roads to prevent traffic jams - I love a good traffic jam for carnage so I’m sad to this tweaked.
- Various stability/crash fixes
- Various camera fixes
- Various Havok destruction optimisations which should help improve frames per second performance
- Various localisation fixes and updates to suit different territories
- Various worldsim improvements - Relates to general open world actions and means citizens go about their day in a more believable manner.
Just Cause 3 Missions, Challenges and Random Encounters in the Open World
- Various minor mission bug fixes
- Various minor challenge bug fixes
- Fixed some various issues with Random Encounters
Just Cause 3 Graphics and Animation Optimisations
- Various Level of Detail (LOD) optimisations - Alterations to the point at which textures and modules switch between high and low detail versions.
- Various lighting optimisations
- Various animation optimisations
Just Cause 3 Audio Tweaks
- Various level and EQ adjustments
- Rebels riding with Rico Rodriguez will now be less abusive to one another. Someone must have let this get a bit of control if it’s getting special attention.
- Fixed a few rare audio distortion issues involving destructible objects with lots of moving parts
That’s it for now then, but expect plenty more updates once Just Cause 3 is officially out into the wild and amongst the most efficient testing community - the players. It’s out on Tuesday, December 1st, for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.