The number of updates that have been slapped together and pushed out for Batman: Arkham Knight has been frankly exhausting, but here we are just a week before Christmas, and seven months after its aborted launch, with yet another. As you’d expect from a game that was so broken, there’s a laundry list of fixes, which hopefully brings Batman: Arkham Knight to some semblance of playability on struggling systems.
The headline feature this time around are the improvements to frame times, which should help iron out the stuttering kinks. It seems as if users with 60Hz monitors were experiencing the most prominent problems on that front. Elsewhere rain effects have been fixed and improved. Up until now the rain effects have actually been more impressive on the console versions, so let’s hope Rocksteady has at least attained parity with those platforms.
- Fixed some issues with stars being awarded or lost incorrectly in specific AR Challenges
- Improved target prioritization during combat
- Restored heavier rain during the opening section of the game
- Fixed missing rain effects on a few remaining player character skins
- Miscellaneous gameplay fixes and stability improvements
- Fixes to some keyboard and mouse prompts after being rebound
- Made frame times more consistent for 60hz monitors running at 30fps with VSync enabled
- Previously equipped gadgets can be selected with keyboard and mouse again after restarting an AR Challenge
- Fixed the default key binding for Harley’s Snare gadget
- Batgirl’s Remote Hacking Device can now be properly selected with keyboard & mouse in AR Challenges
- Minor performance optimizations for certain combinations of hardware
- Fixed keyboard & mouse controls that did not function in DLC AR Challenges when no previous save data existed
- Quick Photo Mode can now be triggered with keyboard and mouse controls when using the Batmobile
- Special Combo Takedowns can now be performed with Quickfire Gadget binds if they were rebound
- Fixed graphical corruption that may occur after Alt-Tabbing
- Improvements and corrections to some localized text
- Added new Classic Harley Quinn skin for use in AR Challenges & the Harley Quinn Story Pack
- Added Arkham Knight as a playable character for AR Challenges & the Red Hood Story Pack
- Added support for December DLC content
How are you finding Batman: Arkham Knight these days? I have to admit my enthusiasm for playing it was absolutely drained by the shoddy launch and I’ve had no interest in going back to it.