Just before they clock off for the holidays, AMD’s GPU gurus have put together one last Radeon driver update designed to weed out all of the bugs which may have been introduced with the launch of ReLive. Bringing the Radeon Software Crimson Relive Edition driver up to version 16.12.2, this is all about fine-tuning rather than any drastic performance boosts.
In fact, there are zero new features touted, just fixed issues. The biggies are AMD FreeSync will no longer have performance issues with running Borderless Fullscreen applications in multi-monitor setups, Radeon Relive failing to install (which would probably mean you don’t even have the last driver yet), and Battlefield 1 flicking while running Radeon RX 400 series graphics cards in Crossfire configurations.
Full List of Fixed Issues
- AMD FreeSync technology may experience performance issues with Borderless Fullscreen application support when a secondary display is attached and has dynamic content running such as video playback in a web browser or if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background. A workaround if this issue is experienced is to minimize all other running applications that are on the primary desktop display or on non-primary extended displays.
- Radeon ReLive may fail to install during installation on some system configurations.
- Battlefield 1 may experience flashing or corruption when running in Multi GPU with Radeon RX 400 series.
- Instant Replay fails to enable itself after it has been turned off due to content protection.
- Radeon Settings may not load on system boot for some system configurations.
- Fixed some errors in translations for Radeon Settings and Radeon ReLive.
- Audio recorded by Radeon ReLive may sometimes exhibit slow motion when played back.
- Radeon ReLive may experience recording issues or issues toggling the Overlay/Toolbar when Frame Rate Target Control is enabled. Users are suggested to disable Frame Rate Target Control when using Radeon ReLive.
- Mouse cursor may stutter in recorded video when there is limited on screen activity outside of minor mouse movement.
- In AMD Multi GPU configurations the secondary graphics product will exit the low power state when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
- Radeon ReLive may sometimes not be able to take screenshots of secondary displays.
- Chromium may fail to utilize hybrid decode for VP9 content.
- DOTA 2 may experience game corruption when performing a task switch while recording with Radeon ReLive in AMD Multi GPU configurations.
- Radeon ReLive Overlay/Toolbar will not launch or Record when running League of Legends in Administrator Mode and Windowed Borderless Fullscreen.
- Long ping times may be experienced with some WiFi adapters.
- There are still a few issues with lurking the 16.2.2 ReLive driver however. CSGO and World of Warcraft may flicker while using FreeSync, Titanfall 2 may have black square corruption, FIFA 17 may black screen if you’re using Hybrid Graphics, and Radeon RX 480 users may suffer intermittent mouse cursor corruption.
Aaaaaand, that’s your lot. If you had any problems with the previous driver release then be sure to grab this one. As ever you can download it from AMD’s driver download page, or just update automatically through your current Radeon Crimson Software installation.