When it comes to time sinks, things don’t get much time sinkier than Sid Meier’s Civilization series. Each game was exquisitely designed to consume hour after bleary-eyed hour, pushing players to go just one more turn. It’s not uncommon to see Steam users racking up several thousand hours in a single game. Well, why not try giving four of them a try, including each and every expansion pack. The Humble Civilization Bundle truly does look like it’s the arch-enemy of free time across the globe.
In total you’re looking at four Civilization games, all their expansions, and a 20% off voucher for Civilization VI if you’re still not satisfied. For newcomers to the world of Civilization, this is literally too much Civ to handle. In fact, I don’t know why you wouldn’t just get Civ V Complete and be done with it.
But alas, there’s a Humble Civilisation Bundle and it includes basically everything that is sandwiched between Civilization II (swoon) and Civilization VI, including Civ III, Civ IV, Civ V and Civilization: Beyond Earth. All that for $15. Not too shabby I’m sure you’ll agree.
Okay, so what do all the different levels and tiers and whatnot get you?
Humble Civilization Bundle Pay What You Want ($1 Minimum) Tier
- Sid Meier’s Civilization III
- Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
Beat the Average Tier (Currently $8.04)
- Sid Meier’s Civilization V
- Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Brave New World
- Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Gods & Kings
- Sid Meier’s Civilization V DLC Pack
- Sid Meier’s Civilization VI 20% Discount
- Sid Meier’s Civilization VI Deluxe 25% Discount
Pay $15 Tier
- Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth - Exoplanets Map Pack
- Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide
If you’re absolutely strapped for cash then you can’t really go wrong with the $1 tier. That’s some incredible value for money on offer there and Civilization IV still holds up very strongly over a decade later. The lowest price the base game has ever been is $3 so Civ IV has never been cheaper than it is here today.