Nvidia’s just dropped what well be its most important driver release of the year. The GeForce 385.69 WHQL driver provides day one Game Ready performance optimisations for a heap of huge AAA titles, including the likes of Call of Duty: WWII’s open beta, Total War: Warhammer 2, Project Cars 2 and more.
Other notable games to get Nvidia’s range of performance tweaks and bug fixes are Forza Motorsport 7, Raiders of the Broken Planet, FIFA 18 and Star Wars Battlefront 2. Barring Ubisoft and Bethesda, that’s just about every AAA title from this holiday season covered. If you’re a GeForce owner thinking of download the Call of Duty beta next week, or picking up up Total War: Warhammer 2 or FIFA 18, then this driver seems like a must.
If you aren’t planning to pick up one of these titles imminently then a large scale driver release like this is a good time to take the wait and see approach. Nvidia’s making plenty of changes underneath the hood so there’s every chance you may experience some compatibility issues with certain hardware and game configurations.
Multi-GPU owners are also getting some loving, with new SLI profiles for Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, Fortnite, Project Cars 2, Raiders of the Broken Planet and Total War: Warhammer II.
Here’s the full list of changes, fixes, and issues. Suffice to say, if you’re fortunate enough to own a GeForce Titan and an AMD Threadripper-enabled motherboard, do not install this driver. If you are using Windows 10, the OS will fail.
Fixed Issues with GeForce Version 385.69:
- [SLI][ShadowPlay][Doom (4)]: Severe flickering occurs in the game after pressing Alt + Tab with SLI enabled and either instant replay is ON or manual capture is in progress.
- [GeForce GTX 1070][Surround]: The [Ctrl+Alt+S] keyboard shortcut does not enable or disable Surround.
- [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti][The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth]: Low frame rate and lagging occurs when playing the game in full-screen mode.
- [Notebook][GeForce GTX 1080][G-Sync]: With G-Sync enabled, stuttering occurs when playing games on the external display.
- [GeForce GTX 970M][Notebook][HitFilm Express]: The application UI does not respond properly.
- [Notebook][Minecraft]: Low frame rates when playing the game in full-screen mode on Optimus notebooks.
- [Optimus notebook][Minecraft]: r] 385.28: Low FPS in Minecraft full screen mode on Optimus laptops after driver update
- [Optimus notebook][OpenGL]: Heavy flickering occurs while playing any OpenGL application such as HeavenBenchmark or OglBalls.
- [Discord]: FPS overlay erroneously appears in the application if enabled in GeForce Experience.
- [Runescape]: Lower frame rate occurs.
- [Windows Store apps][G-Sync]: ]: Video playback from Windows store apps stutter and eventually freeze with G-sync enabled in full screen mode.
- [WindowedG-Sync][Universal Windows Platform apps]: The Start menu loads sluggishly when switching the focus between a UWP game and the Start menu.
- HDR TV/displays have distorted colors after changing the resolution from the Windows control panel
- [NVENC]: Bitrate overshoot occurs if the frame rate is over 240 fps.
- [ANSEL][Aven Colony]: Enable updated .exe for Aven Colony.
Open Issues with GeForce Version 385.69 on Windows 10
- [SLI][GeForce GTX 780 Ti]: There is no display output when connecting the
- DisplayPort and two DVI monitors. 
- [GeForce GTX 1070][Adobe Reader 3D]: There is corruption in the PDF. 
- [GeForce TITAN]: The OS fails after installing the graphics card on a Threadripperenabled
- motherboard. 
The latest GeForce driver is available to download now through both GeForce Experience and directly from Nvidia.