Somehow Ubisoft managed to almost sneak this out without me noticing, but the first PC patch for Far Cry 5 has arrived. While Far Cry 5 ran brilliantly in our benchmark tests, I know a few folks have struggled a little with uneven performance. Far Cry 5 Title Update 4 should help tackle PC performance, including crashes, general stability issues, and a few minor problems with the online co-op. It's not clear how we've got to Update 4 already, but rest assured this is the first patch released for Far Cry 5 since its launch.
I suspect it’s performance and stability that’s going to prove the most beneficial for those struggling to run Far Cry 5 as well as they’d hope. From my time with it, I haven’t actually experienced any crashes of game breaking bugs, but a lot of this will come down to a specific PC hardware a player has.
This patch is available right if you’re playing Far Cry 5 through Steam or Uplay, while the console patch should be ready for this Monday, April 9th.
Far Cry 5 Title Update 4
Stability & Performance
- Fixed low occurrence crashes and walkthrough breaks
- Additional quality bug fixes
- Fixed low occurrence save corruption
Companion, Enemy, & Animal AI
- Fixed low repro AI issues
Design & Mission Progression
- Fixed issues preventing silver bar purchase
- Fixed minor bugs
Gameplay & UI
- Fixed minor bugs
COOP and Online
- Improved COOP connectivity
- Fixed low occurrence COOP specific walkthrough breaks
- Fixed voice communication issue where players could be permanently muted
- Hurk was blowing up the client player when in a helicopter, fixed that.
Far Cry Arcade
- Improved map download efficiency
- Fixed various Arcade gameplay issues
- Fixed issue where map textures would be extremely low
- Improved PVP matchmaking
- Fixed lobby loadout selection and map selection issues
- Fixed issue with Arcade Editor crashes
PC Patch Only:
- Fixed issues that were causing incorrect spawn if the game was minimized during loading