New World Interactive has sadly announced a delay for the eagerly anticipated Insurgency: Sandstorm. Previously scheduled to launch on September 18th, Insurgency Sandstorm is now scheduled for December 12th on PC.
The decision to delay the game was based upon feedback during the pre-order beta, and NWI feels it’s in the best interests of Insurgency: Sandstorm to delay the gaming in order to ensure the final product is the best possible experience.
“Despite the game’s improvement, we are acutely aware that not all of you are having the ideal experience we want to deliver,” said New World Interactive in a message to fans.
“By extending the beta and moving our launch date to December, the additional time will allow us to make significant improvements to the game with continued input from you. The additional time allows us to target a lower minimum system requirement, address more bugs, work on overall polish, gather additional feedback from the community to refine gameplay, and ensure that highly requested community features which may otherwise have had to be added post-launch (such as community servers and custom games) are ready for day 1.”
The good news then is that the pre-order beta for Insurgency Sandstorm will continue for the entire two months the game has been delayed. All you need to do is pre-order the game to guarantee yourself access.
As for what’s happening between now and launch, NWI has outlined the following changes:
- Upgrade to Unreal Engine 4.20 and continue optimizing
- Improve the character models, textures, and animations in the game
- Improve the “scoped” experience for both high and low-quality scope settings
- Improve the level visuals, gameplay and optimization
- Add more cosmetic item variations and a new forearm tattoo cosmetic type which can also be seen in first person
- Expand in-game server options to include a server browser, community-run server support, and a custom games system allowing users to specially configure games hosted by our server infrastructure.
- Refine the game to the point it has far less bugs, glitches, visual inconsistencies and other issues.