It’s a huge driver day for Team Green. The Nvidia GeForce 411.63 WHQL GPU driver has been rolled out, and this includes all of the official support for the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 and Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti graphics cards. This driver will basically be a necessity if you’re picking a new RTX 20 Series GPU. If you’re wondering whether this makes any difference to the benchmark scores from reviews, it won’t. Reviewers are sent out the GPU drivers early so all benchmark tests should’ve been run on this exact 411.63 GeForce driver.
As you’d expect, this means the driver also includes support for Microsoft’s DirectX Raytracing API on both Volta and Turing GPUs. In order to utilise ray tracing you will need both this GPU driver, a Volta or Turing GPU, and Windows 10 RS4 update which is due to arrive in October.
On top of this, the 411.63 Nvidia driver includes support for the updated 1.1 Vulkan API, including new extensions for Turing GPUs such as ‘VK_NVX_raytracing’.
For everyone not buying a $1000 graphics card, this driver also provides day one Game Ready support for a big trio of titles - Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Forza Horizon 4 and FIFA 19. All of these games launch in the next fortnight or so, and the 411.63 drivers will be required for optimal frame rates.
Nvidia GeForce 411.63 WHQL Fixed Issues
- Using power monitoring in GPU monitor tools causes micro stutter.
- [Monster Hunter World]: Low frame rate in the game.
- [Tom Clancy’s The Division]: Graphics corruption occurs when using NVIDIA Gameworks settings.
- [Call of duty WW II ][1×3 Surround]: The center Surround display renders black screen.
- [Planetside 2][G-SYNC]: G-SYNC does not work with the game.
- [ARCHICAD][OpenGL]: The OpenGL driver crashes the application.
- [GeForce GTX 1080Ti]: Random DPC watchdog violation error when using multiple GPUs on motherboards with PLX chips.
- [YouTube][Mosaic with Sync]: Secondary GPU doesn’t render video content on fullscreen YouTube video.
Nvidia GeForce 411.63 WHQL Open Issues
- [GeForce GTX 1060]AV receiver switches to 2-channel stereo mode after 5 seconds of
- audio idle.
- [Firefox]: Cursor shows brief corruption when hovering on certain links in Firefox.
- [Windows Media Player][Notebook][MSHybrid]: The application crashes when run
- on the integrated graphics after setting the NVIDIA GPU Graphics settings to High
- [Final Fantasy XV benchmark]: The benchmark exits fails with a "Failed to initialize DLSS Library" error when running in DLSS mode.
- To work around,
- Delete the file Program Files/NVIDIA Corporation/installer2.ngxcore/NGXCoreEtx.dll
- Perform a Clean or Express installation of the NVIDIA driver.
- [Turing GPU][[Netflix]: Playback resolution doesn't show 4K bit rates when using a
- USB-C-HDMI connection.
- [Turing GPU][Photoshop CC]: Corruption occurs after increasing image size.
As ever, you can download the driver direct from Nvidia, auto-update through GeForce Experience, or, if you're not picking up an RTX GPU, take the wiser approach and wait and see if there are any ill effects.