Hot on the heels of last week’s driver release, Nvidia has pushed out its second graphics card driver with GeForce RTX support. The GeForce 411.70 WHQL driver provides a few hotfixes for RTX support, including flicking in PUBG with a GeForce RTX 2080, Photoshop corruption with any Turing GPU, and the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti struggling with video decoding performance.
On the gaming side, Nvidia claims that GeForce 411.70 WHQL driver provides the optimal gaming experience for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Forza Horizon 4 and FIFA 19. Which, er, is exactly the same as what the previous GeForce 411.83 driver promised, so it’s unclear whether it improves performance above and beyond the most recent GeForce GPU driver update. If in doubt, we’d take a wait and see approach unless you’ve scooped up one of those lovely new GeForce RTX 20 Series graphics cards.
And that’s really it for meaningful changes, this is a bit of a tiny driver update. As ever though, there are a number of open issues to look out for, most notably the Final Fantasy XV benchmark will crash out while running DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) mode, so there go the potential FFXV DLSS benchmarks on shiny new hardware.
Fixed Issues in GeForce 411.70 WHQL GPU Driver
- [Turing GPU][Photoshop CC]: Corruption occurs in the application after increasing the image size.
- [GeForce RTX 2080[PUBG]: Flickering occurs in the game.
- [GeForce RTX 2080 Ti]: Video decoding performance has decreased.
Open Issues in GeForce 411.70 WHQL GPU Driver
- [GeForce GTX 1060]AV receiver switches to 2-channel stereo mode after 5 seconds of audio idle.
- [GeForce GTX 1080Ti]: Random DPC watchdog violation error when using multiple GPUs on motherboards with PLX chips.
- [Firefox]: Cursor shows brief corruption when hovering on certain links in Firefox.
- [Windows Media Player][Notebook][MSHybrid]: The application crashes when run on the integrated graphics after setting the NVIDIA GPU Graphics settings to High Performance.
- [Final Fantasy XV benchmark]: The benchmark exits fails with a "Failed to initialize DLSS Library" error when running in DLSS mode.
- To work around,
- Delete the file Program Files/NVIDIA Corporation/installer2.ngxcore/NGXCoreEtx.dll
- Perform a Clean or Express installation of the NVIDIA driver.
- [Turing GPU][[Netflix]: Playback resolution doesn't show 4K bit rates when using a
- USB-C-HDMI connection.
FIFA 19 is out today, Forza Horizon 4 launches on October 2nd and Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is out on October 5th. You can grab the latest Nvidia GeForce driver for yourself from here.