Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is off with a bang if publisher Activision is to be believed. COD BLOPS 4 has set the record as the biggest day one digital release in Activision’s history, while on PC its day-one sales more than doubled Call of Duty: WWII’s day-one units. It sounds as if abandoning Steam in favour of Blizzard’s Battle.net hasn’t done Treyarch’s shooter any harm at all.
The big thing now is to get Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is the best possible condition though. It’s a game that’s arrived with a fair few teething issues, but fortunately, Treyarch and Beenox have already pushed out the first round of fixes.
Chief among these is the unlocking of the PC frame rate in all of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s modes. PC players now have completely unlocked frames per second in COD BLOPS 4, even in the 100-player battle royale Blackout mode.
Other notable changes bundle into the first patch for Call of Duty: BLOPS 4 include, thankfully, reworked spawns in Domination mode, player buffs in Zombies mode and a nerfing of the deadly zombie tigers and hellhounds.
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 First Patch Release Notes
- Resolved an issue where new players sometimes didn’t have a default Calling Card on initial boot.
- Improved an animation in the player’s health bar when taking damage.
- Resolved an issue where Prestiging a weapon wouldn’t remove its attachments.
- Fixed overhead names and rank for bots in the lobby.
- General stability fixes.
- Gameplay Balancing
- Increased player health in Casual, Normal, and Hardcore Difficulty in Classic mode by 50 points.
- Balance adjustment to rate at which players earn points.
- Balance adjustment to Tiger attacks.
- Balance adjustment to Hellhounds (spawn radius, speed, and frequency).
- Balance adjustment to Hellfire Special Weapon.
- Reduced cost of shield repair and replacement.
- Resolved an issue where some players experienced a crash in the Laboratory.
- Improved spawn balancing in Domination, which should alleviate some of the issues people have reported. The system has some new capabilities to reduce the frequency of spawn flipping (also a commonly requested change), and that comes with new challenges in striking the right balance between less flipping and less trapping. This is a first step, and we expect it to take a few iterations to achieve the right balance.
- Torque’s Razor Wire will no longer deal damage to the player or teammates in Hardcore. No more getting kicked for inadvertent team kills.
- Resolved an issue that allowed players to utilize an extra Attachment slot.
- Mastercraft camos can now be properly unlocked.
- Adjusted unlock requirements for the active camo on Signature Weapons (MX9, Strife).
- Prevented Scorestreak kills from counting toward progress in certain Challenges.
- Addressed an issue that occasionally prevented players from unlocking Ajax.
- Framerate is now uncapped in all modes!
- Fixed an issue where Trauma Kits would occasionally not work properly.
Did anybody get stuck into Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 over the weekend? Can you see the Blackout battle royale mode toppling PUBG on PC? Let us know what you think below!