Unfortunately, the current version of Darksiders III on PC has a frame rate cap in place preventing Darksiders 3 from running above 60 frames per second.
However, if Darksiders 3 is stuck at 60 frames per second on PC then there is a fix. All you need to do is follow the instructions below and you can set your own custom frame rate limits in Darksiders 3, or unlock the FPS cap entirely.
How to Unlock the Frame Rate in Darksiders 3
- In Windows, navigate to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Darksiders3
- Open 'Saved' and then open the 'Config' folder
- Open up the 'WindowsNoEditor' folder
- Open the file 'GameUserSettings' with a text editor such as Notepad or Wordpad
- Ensure VSync=0
- Find the line that says 'FrameRateLimit=0'
- Change the number to your desired frame rate limit or, if you want it totally uncapped, just set it to "FrameRateLimit=999".
- Save the document and then boot up Darksiders III
Voila, your frame rate should now be unlocked!