We’re a bit late catching up on this one but Respawn has pushed the first patch for Apex Legends.
Apex Legends Preseason Patch 01 went live on February 13th and includes a time-limited Valentines Day event, as well as a number of stability and performance fixes. As you can see, Caustic is feeling particularly romantic today.
The Valentines event in Apex is live now and runs through until February 19th. All you’ve got to do is revive a squad member and you’ll earn the Live Die Live banner badge. There’s also a couple of Valentines-exclusive weapon skins if you’re feeling particularly flush.
It’s the fixes that fans are crying out for though, and while Apex Legends has got off to a very smooth launch for a game of this size, there are inevitably a few teething issues. A number of client and server stability issues have been fixed, as has a crash caused by players using slower hard drives. I played a bit last night and there’s definitely some lag when jumping in but it soon settles down once you land.
For those after a fair game, you’ll be pleased to know the exploit which allowed items to be duplicated has now been removed.
Alex Legends 13/02/2019 Patch 1
- Added “Live Die Live” Banner Badge: Revive a member of your squad between 2/13 and 2/19 to earn this limited time badge.
- Added Valentines Day cosmetic items to the store. They will be live and available in the store starting 2/13 until 2/19 and then they’re gone!
- “Through the Heart” Longbow Epic DMR skin
- “Love of the Game” Pathfinder banner frame?
Stability / Bugs / Performance / Quality of Life
- Various improvements and tweaks to UI.
- Extended timeout that was causing players with slower hard drives to crash.
- Addressed a number of client and server stability issues.
- Fixed exploit where you could keep duplicating items in your inventory.
- Addressed a number of stability and performance issues.
- Fixed issue where players would get a gray screen in lobby when connecting for the first time.
- Fixed issue where your friends list showed all your friends as offline and unable to party.
- Shortened duration of Bloodhound’s Eye of the Allfather clones to remain in the world by 1 second.
- Arc Star now displays a grenade warning indicator.
- Addressed a number bugs with map geo like holes you could fall through and areas that players could get stuck in plus a bunch of other polish issues.