There’s no rest for the wicked as AMD kicks off this week with yet another new graphics card driver update. The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.3 GPU driver comes packing support for Mortal Kombat 11, which is out today on PC.
If you’re planning on giving NetherRealm Studios’ ultra-violent brawler a shot then tip-top performance is going to be a must. Fighting game fans know the importance of a silky smooth 60 frames per second, and any frame rate dips could be a killer for the experience. Look no further than Mortal Kombat X for evidence of that particular issues.
We will hopefully have a performance breakdown shortly, provided we get our key sorted, as we’re keen to see just how MK11 performs. Suffice to say, if you want the smoothest frame rates with AMD Radeon graphics cards in Mortal Kombat 11 then this latest 19.4.3 Adrenalin driver is highly recommended.
Aside from MK11, the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.3 only makes a single fix, and it’s a minor one at that. AMD Link may have been causing Radeon Settings notifications to display the incorrect installed versions. It’s not really something that should affect user experience, so unless you’re planning to play Mortal Kombat 11 today, this driver isn’t strictly necessary.
As ever, there is a list of known issues to watch out for before you install this AMD driver update.
Radeon Software 19.4.3 Known Issues
- AMD Radeon VII may experience screen flicker in multi-display setups on desktop or while applications are running.
- Netflix Windows Store application may experience display flicker during video playback on some HDR enabled displays.
- Performance metrics overlay and Radeon WattMan gauges may experience inaccurate fluctuating readings on AMD Radeon VII.
- Performance metrics overlay may experience intermittent flicker when playing back protected content with this feature enabled.
- System instability may be experienced on ASUS TUF Gaming FX504 laptop when a wireless display is connected.
AMD's latest graphics card driver can be updated through your current Radeon Adrenalin or you can grab it directly from AMD's site.