There are a ton, and I mean a ton, of rumours circulating after a massive info dump/leak on NeoGAF. An alleged insider has claimed everything from a Cyberpunk 2077 release date announced at E3 2019, to Halo Infinite being a cross-gen 2020 launch, Age of Empires IV gameplay at E3, and a new Fable announcement.
All of these stories and more circulate from a single forum post on NeoGAF via an absolutely unknown informant. Some of their guesses will be right, of course, but anyone vaguely in the loop can have a pretty damn good guess at what Microsoft will be showing at E3 2019.
So this isn’t a news story so much as it’s a reminder not to believe everything you read. A nearly identical post was made on ResetEra well over a month ago. This (different) user was subsequently banned for not being able to provide proof of the rumours’ veracity, and this latest leak is basically a carbon copy of that, albeit a little more fleshed out.
Trusted sources are one thing, but some complete random regurgitating every notable rumour from the last six months is something else. Hopefully, a lot of these rumours do end up to be true though, as we would be set for a sizzling show in just under four weeks’ time.
For the sake of interest then, here’s a summary of the ‘leak’:
- Halo Infinite - Trailer and 2020 release date (cross-gen)
- Gears 5 - Gameplay demo and September release date
- Gears Tactics - Trailer and 2019 release date
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Trailer and 2019 release date
- Bleeding Edge - New game from Ninja Theory, either a co-op horde shooter or an arena PvP
- The Outer Worlds - New trailer and release date
- Cyberpunk 2077 - New trailer and release date
- Age of Empires IV - Gameplay trailer and 2020 release
- Fable - Reveal, 2021 launch
- Sea of Thieves - Content update plans
- Battletoads - First gameplay and a release date
- Project xCloud - beta dates
- Next-gen Xbox - Spec reveal, no actual look at the hardware
- New MechAssault game
- Forza Motorsport 8
- Capcom game reveal - Resident Evil 8 or Resident Evil 3 Remake
Honestly, 90% of those you could just have a guess at. They’re largely obvious rumours and the ‘leaker’ can be pretty safe they’re going to get at least 50% right and earn some credibility. I’d personally be a little surprised if a new Resident Evil game is revealed so soon but you never know. Dino Crisis seems to be the likelier prospect to me.
Anyway, that’s all the rumours, so put as much credibility in it as you see fit. If Microsoft did turn up to E3 with this exact line-up though, what would you make of the show? And the burning question - do you actually believe we’re going to get a Cyberpunk 2077 launch date revealed next month? Let us know below!