Nvidia has dropped yet another graphics card driver, this time providing Game Ready support for both Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint and Asgard’s Wrath.
The GeForce 436.48 WHQL graphics driver is available to download now and provides last minute performance tweaks and bug fixes for those looking to pick up Ghost Recon Breakpoint this week.
As ever, there are a bunch of other changes thrown into the mix as well, with plenty to look out for before you take the plunge and install the GeForce 436.48 GPU drivers.
On the fixes front, The Division 2 should no longer crash while playing in DirectX 12 mode, while pulling up the GeForce Experience overlay during a Vulkan game shouldn’t cause an error message.
It’s the known issues which you’re going to want to watch out for though. With the latest GeForce 436.48 driver FIFA 19 and FIFA 20 players may experience crashes to desktop, which could be particularly frustrating during an online match-up. There are also crashes reported in Shadow of the Tomb Raider’s DX12 mode, random crashes to desktop with Star Wars Battlefront 2, and random on-screen flickering in Apex Legends. That’s quite a hefty list of games with prominent issues then, so if you’re currently playing and of these titles then you may want to think carefully about installing this latest driver update.
GeForce 436.48 GPU Driver Fixed Issues
- [UBOAT]: The game crashes due to memory allocation issues when launching Sandbox mode from the main menu.
- [Tom Clancyʹs The Division II]: The game may crash when played in DirectX 12 mode.
- [Vulkan-based games]: Error message appears in the game when invoking GeForce Experience Freestyle or Ansel using the hot keys.
- [Tradesmen OS3DE]: Some objects are missing in the game.
- [Cinema4D]: Brushes produce a ghosting effect.
GeForce 436.48 GPU Driver Known Issues
- [PowerDVD]: Blu-ray disks might not play using PowerDVD.
- [FIFA 19/FIFA 20]: The game may crash to the desktop.
- [Shadow of the Tomb Raider]: Random crashes to the desktop occur when the game is played in DirectX 12 mode.
- [Star Wars: Battlefront II]: Random crashes to the desktop occur.
- [Apex Legends]: Random flickering occur on the screen.
You can grab the driver for yourself now from here or you can just auto-update through your current GeForce Experience installation.