343 Industries is gearing up for the launch of the next Halo game later this year, but before that happens we’ll be getting a second technical test starting this weekend and the next in order to try out the new PvP multiplayer after the last technical test focused on players vs bots. Plus, 343 has revealed the official unlock times for the technical test.
The next technical test for Halo Infinite will begin on September 23rd until September 26th, then the following weekend again from September 30th to October 3rd. It’s a little bit confusing as to what actually you’ll be able to play in those periods, so here’s a quick breakdown for the Halo Infinite technical test unlock times.
Essentially, whilst Halo Infinite Multiplayer will be available during those dates, actual matchmaking will only be available at a certain time from 10am-2pm PT and 5pm-9pm PT each day. Outside of those hours though you’ll still be able to access other content like Training Mode, Weapon Drills, Battle Pass, and Customization.
The first weekend will see classic PvP (4v4) arena matches with objective modes taking place, whereas the Big Team Battle mode (12v12) with classic Halo vehicular combat will debut the following weekend. Other content includes Bot Arena (including objective modes), Training Mode, Weapon Drills, Customization, Battle Pass, and a new Halo Waypoint app & web experiences
Halo Infinite Technical Test unlock and matchmaking times:
WEEKEND 1 (ARENA): September 23-26
- Thursday evening, September 23:
- Build becomes available for download Thursday night
- Training Mode and Weapon Drills are available
- Friday, September 24 @ 10am-2pm & 5pm-9pm PT: Matchmaking available
- Saturday, September 25 @ 10am-2pm & 5pm-9pm PT: Matchmaking available
- Sunday, September 26 @ 10am-2pm & 5pm-9pm PT: Matchmaking available
- Monday, September 27 @ 10am PT: Flight access closes until Weekend 2
WEEKEND 2 (BIG TEAM BATTLE & ARENA): September 30 - October 3
- Thursday evening, September 30:
- Flight access turns on
- Training Mode and Weapon Drills become available
- Friday, October 1 @ 10am-2pm & 5pm-9pm PT: Matchmaking available
- Saturday, October 2 @ 10am-2pm & 5pm-9pm PT: Matchmaking available
- Sunday, October 3 @ 10am-2pm & 5pm-9pm PT: Matchmaking available
- Sunday, October 3 @ 9pm PT: Surveys go out to a portion of Halo Insiders
- Monday, October 4 @ 10am PT: Flight access closes
- Wednesday, October 6 @ 10am PT: Halo Support site closes
If you’re unsure as to what time that translates into your region, check out the table below we’ve done of a handy conversion for matchmaking times on each day (or click here if you don’t see your region listed below):
|PT (US West Coast)||ET (US East Coast)||BST (UK)||CEST (Europe)||AEDT (Australia)|
|Time|| || || || ||
|Dates|| || ||
What do you think? Are you excited for Halo Infinite and Halo Infinite Multiplayer? Will you be taking part in the next Halo Infinite technical test? Did you play the last one? Let us know!