It’s been a month now since Arkane launched their latest time-looping action/stealth game, and although it’s had some mixed reviews, general reception has been overall positive. Now a month after release however, Arkane has released the first major game update that adds support for Nvidia DLSS and fixes multiple performance issues.
We found Deathloop to be relatively demanding on mid-range hardware, but nothing unplayable at least. Ray tracing certainly dropped FPS, but not by a huge amount on hardware that officially supported it. However, the game launched with only AMD FIdelityFX Super Resolution support, and some claimed there were performance issues on PC including crashes and stuttering depending on your hardware.
Well, Game Update 1 has been released for Deathloop, and the main highlights are the aforementioned Nvidia DLSS support, as well as finally a proper fix for that stuttering camera movement, and fixed many instances of other performance problems like crashing, dropped frames, and more. Check out the full patch notes below:
PC Update Highlights
- Fixed issues that were causing dropped frames and hitches in camera movement
- Added support for Nvidia DLSS
- Added support for Sony DualSense controller audio
- Added an indicator of poor connection quality in the upper right of the screen (resembles a speedometer with an exclamation point)
- Improved performance and stability, especially with ray tracing
- Improved NPC pathing and reactions to the player
- Improved audio mix quality
- Fixed laser mines, turrets and fireworks for both Colt and Julianna players
- Fixed issue with mouse wheel. Using the mouse wheel to switch between weapons will now work properly and will not cause weapons to be dropped.
- Fixed unlock issue with “Oops” and “Deathday Suit” achievements
- Fixed issue that could cause Colt’s progression to be reset even if player chose ‘no’ on confirmation
- Fixed crash issue when a player unlocks a feat using Havoc while playing as Julianna
- Fixed Aleksis Dorsey reactions, making him easier to identify among his party guests
- Fixed issue that was causing assassinations to glitch sometimes while playing as Julianna
- Julianna’s actions will no longer directly unlock achievements for Colt
- Julianna players will no longer hear radio conversations meant for only Colt
- Fixed issue with leaning inconsistency (inputs will no longer be ignored sporadically)
What do you think? Are you still playing Deathloop? Or have you stopped playing since release? Did you run into any performance issues that are listed here? Let us know!