Wrestling is a performance art, and whether you’re a major wrestling fan or not the WWE 2K games have been the go-to titles for all your wrestling needs. That is, until the flop of WWE 2K20 meant that WWE 2K21 was officially cancelled and the developers took a break for a year to work on the next title with a “renewed focus” on quality.
Thankfully, 2K has officially announced the release date for WWE 2K22 with a new gameplay trailer, and it’s coming on March 11th 2022. Although the new trailer certainly looks much better than the previous title, and boasts a lot of features fans should be excited for, it is once again releasing with a dizzying amount of special editions.
Along with a pre-order bonus for the Undertaker Immortal Pack, WWE 2K22 will launch with a $60 (£50) Standard Edition, a Deluxe Edition for $100 (£85), and an nWo 4-Life Edition for $120 (£105). Here’s what you get in each special edition as well as the pre-order bonus:
Standard Edition pre-order bonus:
- Undertaker Immortal Pack (“featuring 3 bonus playable Undertaker characters and and Undertaker-themed MyFACTION pack.”)
- Undertaker Immortal Pack
- 3 days of early access
- Season Pass: Includes all five DLC content packs, the MyRISE Mega-Boost and SuperCharger packs
nWo 4-Life Edition:
- All Deluxe Edition content
- MyFACTION EVO Cards and alternate nWo attires for “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Syxx, and playable Eric Bischoff character
- Souled Out 1997 and Bash at the Beach 1996 arenas
- The nWo Wolfpac Championship
- 1 MyFACTION “Gold” Pack bundled with nWo EVO cards
What do you think? Are you excited for WWE 2K22? Or are you remaining cautious? And how do you feel about the new trailer/gameplay? Let us know!