Tomb Raider Multiplayer from Eidos Montreal

Written by Stuart Thomas on Sat, Dec 29, 2012 8:16 PM
System Requirements Optimum 1080p PC Build Low vs Ultra Screenshots GPU Performance Chart CPU List That Meet System Requirements GPU List That Meet System Requirements

Eidos Montreal is a pretty busy studio at the moment.

After the massive success of their blockbuster cyberpunk tour de force Deus Ex: Human Revolution and its assorted DLC addons, not to mention the cameo-style crossover DLC deal that recently saw Deus Ex elements sneaking stealthily into Hitman: Absolution, we're now told that the busy little Canadian bees are now working on the multiplayer aspect of Tomb Raider...

Not only is this exciting because Eidos Montreal have earned their chops as a talented emerging studio, but also because this seems to confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt that Tomb Raider is going to have a multiplayer element.

Questions remain, however. How exactly the multiplay is going to work remains to be seen, as does whether this new project is going to affect Eidos Montreal's involvement in the new Thief game. The big question, of course, is whether the Tomb Raider multiplayer is goin to be awash in black and gold.

Great news? Or is Tomb Raider not a game that really needs multiplay? Please, pull up a seat in the comments area and tell us your thoughts!

Login or Register to join the debate

Rep
125
Offline
admin approved badge
16:13 Dec-30-2012

In my humble opinion, Single Player games shouldn't have any multiplayer mode. Save the Multi-Player stuff for MMO's.

0
Rep
-123
Offline
13:39 Dec-30-2012

so many tomb rider games.....

0
Rep
24
Offline
13:03 Dec-30-2012

no, I am not really a multiplayer gamer, I care way more about the campaign, for me, the campaign counts for like 90% of the game and the other 10% is multiplayer quality.

0
Rep
5
Offline
11:35 Dec-30-2012

this game needs an multiplayer.

0
Rep
0
Offline
08:53 Dec-30-2012

yaa there should be a 3d multiplayer in this game

0
Rep
55
Offline
admin approved badge
06:06 Dec-30-2012

Some fun idea about mutliplayer should be a bunch of players in a large amount of land, kind of like DayZ, but they must survive outside and fend off the ones who choose the be rouge [or "Bandits"]

0
Rep
2
Offline
01:50 Dec-30-2012

As long as the multiplayer doesnt interfere with the single player and as long as they aren't adding a multiplayer as an excuse to make the game longer because the single player is to short then i dont have problem with it.

0
Rep
75
Offline
22:31 Dec-29-2012

uhhhh:X

0
Rep
-4
Offline
20:45 Dec-29-2012

so we will be all lara croft or something?

0
Rep
27
Offline
20:52 Dec-29-2012

Lara Crofts vs Nathan Drakes team deathmatch. :P

0
Rep
-4
Offline
11:48 Dec-30-2012

lol :P

0

Can They Run... |

| 30FPS, Low, 1080p
Core i5-4670 3.4GHz GeForce GTX 1050 Ti EVGA Gaming 4GB 8GB
| 60FPS, High, 1440p
Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6GHz GeForce RTX 2080 EVGA XC Ultra Gaming 8GB 32GB
| 60FPS, Medium, 1080p
Ryzen 7 4800H 8-Core 2.9GHz GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB 8GB
| High,
Ryzen 7 2700 8-Core 3.2GHz Radeon RX 5600 XT Gigabyte Gaming OC 6GB 16GB
100% Yes [2 votes]
| 60FPS, Medium, 1440p
Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core 3.6GHz GeForce GTX 1070 Palit Super JetStream 16GB
50% Yes [2 votes]
| 60FPS, Ultra, 1080p
Core i7-11700K 8-Core 3.6GHz GeForce GTX 1060 Asus ROG Strix Gaming OC 6GB Edition 32GB
75% Yes [4 votes]
| 60FPS, Low, 1080p
Core i7-4770 4-Core 3.4GHz GeForce GTX 1060 Inno3D Compact 6GB 8GB
100% Yes [1 votes]
| 60FPS, High, 1080p
Core i5-9300H 4-Core 2.4GHz GeForce GTX 1650 8GB
| 60FPS, Low, 1080p
Ryzen 5 5600 6-Core 3.5GHz Radeon RX 5500 XT 8GB 16GB