Formula 1 racing games have been with us for many years now and they are renowned for being system hungry monsters
F1 2011 is out towards the end of September and its recommended specs are no exception...
F1 2011 Minimum System Requirements
OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 5400+
GFX: GeForce 7800/Radeon X1800 or higher
HDD: 12.5 GB Hard Drive Space
DX: DirectX 9.0c
F1 2011 Recommended System Requirements for DX11
OS: Windows 7
DX: DirectX 11
CPU: Intel Core i5 or AMD Phenom II x4
RAM: 4GB Ram
GFX: GeForce GTX460 or ATI Radeon HD 5850
F1 2011 Network Requirements
Broadband internet connection required (512kbps+ recommended)
F1 2011 Supported Graphics Cards
NOTE: Not compatible with all integrated sound/graphics solutions (inc. laptops)
ATI Radeon x1800, x1900, x1950, HD2400, HD2600, HD2900, HD3XXX Series, HD4XXX Series, HD5XXX Series, HD6XXX Series
NVIDIA Geforce 7800, 7900, 7950, 7950Gx2, 8400, 8600, 8800, 9600, 9800, 9800Gx2, GeForce 210, GT220, GTS250, GTX2XX Series, GTX4XX Series, GTX5XX Series
Right, so that is some pretty hefty recommended system requirements for F1 2011. Let us know what you find by adding your system information into your MyGames page and it will show up on the games RATING page for everyone else to check out.
Here are a few extras that we are promised in F1 2011
- Online co-op championship: Play throughout a season online with a friend.
- Offline split screen: Play throughout a season offline with a friend.
- New circuits: Nurburgring and Buddh International Circuit.
- Cinematics: Cinematics that show drivers celebrating etc.
- DRS and KERS: DRS and KERS are now included. They can fail.
- Drivers: New drivers added. For example; Pastor Maldonado.
- Teams: New liverys added.
- Tyres: Pirreli tyres added.
- Proving grounds: Not to much is known about proving grounds as of yet but it is supposed to include time trial and challenges in which times can be posted to a leaderboard.
- Race director: This is a new feature which allows you to see where people are, what tyres there on etc from the in game menu.
- VIP Pass: The game now has a VIP pass which will supposedly unlock something extra.